- At 1:20, he reminds us all what we heard growing up.
- At 2:07, we meet another girl who was bruised by words.
- At 2:57, we learn why she’s awesome.
- At 3:12, we meet a kid who was pummeled by pills.
- At 4:28, we learn how many kids have to deal with this to this day.
- At 5:23, if you’ve been bullied, you REALLY need to hear these words.
- At 6:00, seriously, listen to these damn beautiful words.
- And at 6:49, we get to the point that everyone should take to heart.
Carvens Lissaint “Beauty Part 3” (Spoken Word)
Depression can drive humans to very hollow places…places where flocks of vultures lurked in the things that I found beautiful, and I often asked myself ‘Am I beautiful’?
I cry. I cry. and I’ll fight. and I cry. and I’ll fight. and I cry. I cry. and I fail. And I’ll fall. And I. GET THE FUCK. BACK. UP.
I’m no longer afraid to stumble, to fall flat on my face and look around like nothing happened, to turn this center stage into a playground, have you all look at me, live in my own skin, wake up every morning, look deep into the mirror and you know what? You know what, Carvens? I love you. I love you so much. And you are beautiful.
Carvens Lissant-” Tell Them” (Spoken Word)
Tell them that I was one who loved not wisely but far too well
When my friends ask if you’re my girlfriend.
I’ll say no.
She is my musician.
I’m her favorite song
16 Year Old Prostitute (Spoken Word)
" She used to sing hymns like an angel, but her wings were clipped the moment she let him slip in."